Busta Rhymes Bounces Back With New Album

bustarhymes585

Busta Rhymes is back with a new album and mindset adding on to his multi-platinum career. The Brooklyn emcee wouldn’t reveal the name of the album, but said it would be along the lines of When Disaster Strikes, The Coming, Extinction Level Event, Anarchy and Genesis.

Scoffing at the notion of retirement, Busta had a breakout year doing features, most notably Jay-Z and Kanye West’s H.A.M and Nicki Minaj’s Roman’s Revenge.

“I’m not going anywhere anytime soon.” Busta remarked whenever someone mentions him retiring. The 39-year-old rapper has seen and done it all since entering the game in 1991:

Death Row Record’s dominance over the industry; how Biggie, Nas and Wu-Tang Clan revived New York; the untimely deaths of Biggie and Tupac; the South’s dominance; the rise of underground artists like Wiz Khalifa. Through it all Busta still remained relevant releasing hit-after-hit, selling millions of records and collaborating with the biggest names in the industry.

He promises to give fans some new flavor as well as some of the old rapid-fire-flow Busta is known for. “I’m really taking my time with this one,” Busta says of his new, untitled release. “I’m going into this one different than the last album. I don’t want to start talking about producers and album titles just yet because I don’t want to spoil anything. But you know I’m going to come out with that good sh*t . I promise you that. I’ve been in the business for a minute and I still have a hunger for it. I’m not going to stop until the people tell me to.”

Meanwhile, he’s enjoying his #1 single Look At Me Now featuring Chris Brown and Lil Wayne and the growing buzz from Welcome To My Hood with DJ Khaled. Both tracks will appear on his new album, which he says is 90% done.

Busta isn’t going anywhere anytime soon let alone retiring. “This is my sh*t. I am back in a space where I can talk about the things I love to talk about and touch on things people are a little uncomfortable talking about and really expose the truths, and do it in a way where it’s so extremely entertaining. I feel supreme right now,” stated Busta Rhymes.

His album is slated to be released in September.

Suge Knight Drops Lawsuit Against Kanye West

Belvedere Ultra Lounge Day 4 At Club OPM

Marion “Suge” Knight has formally dropped his appeal in a lawsuit he filed against Kanye West stemming from a 2005 shooting at a pre-VMA party in Miami, FL.

The former CEO of Death Row Records blamed the Louis Vuitton Don because he was shot in the leg by an unknown individual. Knight holds the rapper and his partners responsible because the suspect was able to sneak a gun into the pre-VMA party past Kanye’s security.

It seems that Suge has finally decided to end the long time battle with Kanye. According to the Associated Press, Suge’s attorney filed the dismissal in February 2011 in a Miami federal court. The dismissal comes after Knight previously appealed the decision in December 2010 because the judge granted a summary judgment for West in November of that year. Suge initially sought millions of dollars in damages from the Watch The Throne artist in the lawsuit.

During the incident, Knight was shot in the upper right leg and his bone was shattered in the process. He claimed to have had months of physical therapy, suffered mental anguish and loss of income. Both parties have reportedly settled out of court and reached a confidential agreement. The case remains unsolved until this day.

Source

L.A. Man Files Restraining Order Against Suge Knight

Posted: Wednesday – June 30, 2010

Suge Knight is back making negative headlines again now that an L.A. man has filed a three year restraining order against him.

The man who remains unidentified was awarded a restraining order against the former Death Row Records head.

According to TMZ, the man appeared in an L.A. County superior court room to obtain the order which demands that Suge stay 100 yards away from the man’s home, car and workplace.

The three year restraining order comes after the man says Suge tried to order a hit against him.
He told the court that Suge “had 8 guys come to my house and told them to get me or kill me.”

As previously reported Suge was arrested for assault with a deadly weapon on May 20, after a man said he pointed a loaded gun at him.

He was later released from jail and has denied those charges.

No word on whether the two incidents are linked.

Source

Ice Cube To Star In Film Based Around Cops With Alleged Ties To Biggie & Tupac Murders

Posted: Thursday – April 29, 2010

Ice Cube is teaming up with Woody Harrelson and Ben Foster in the new film Rampart.

The film, which is centered around the scandals that took place in the Los Angeles Police Department in the 1990s, showcases police misconducts in the Community Resources Against Street Hoodlums (CRASH) anti-gang program including unprovoked shootings, beatings, planting of evidence, framing of suspects, stealing and dealing narcotics, bank robbery, perjury and covering up evidence.

Ice Cube is set to play a LAPD officer alongside Foster, who are colleagues with Harrelson’s character, an LAPD officer on a redemptive journey who finds himself embroiled in scandal.

The LAPD, which has widely been criticized for the mishandling of the murder cases of the Notorious B.I.G. and Tupac, have denied allegations that they have ever hired criminals to work as officers in the division.

But according to retired robbery-homicide detective Russell Poole in the critically acclaimed book “Labyrinth”, the police knowingly hired gang members David Mack and Rafael Pérez who were well known throughout the Blood community.

According to the book “Labyrinth”, Mack and Pérez were also employed by former Death Row CEO Suge Knight, along with other police officers from the Rampart division, to serve as security at various Death Row events. Poole also states that the officers witnessed and participated in illegal activities while working events.

Mack, who was suspected to have played a role in the murder of Notorious B.I.G., was later arrested for bank robbery, while still employed as an LAPD officer.

Adding to the scandal was the shooting death of corrupt LAPD officer Kevin Gaines by fellow officer and undercover detective Frank Lyga in 1997. The shooting, which was ruled self-defense, uncovered evidence of Officer Gaines’s corrupt behavior.

According to reports, Gaines filed a bogus claim against the city of Los Angeles for “mistreatment” against him during an arrest while he was off duty. After the ruling in Gaines favor, it was later discovered that the suit was filed to secure his officer pension. Police also state adding to growing suspicion was the fact that Gaines was dating and living with Suge Knights ex-wife and the then manager of Snoop Dogg, Sharitha Knight.

According to published police files, Poole, who was assigned to investigate the Lyga-Gaines shooting, recovered evidence that Gaines’s lifestyle did not match the $55,000 a year salary he was paid as an LAPD officer.

The published reports show that at the time, Gaines drove a Mercedes and wore designer suits. Detectives also found nine credit cards as well as a receipt for a $952 restaurant tab at Monty’s Steakhouse, a Westwood hangout for members of Death Row Records.

At the time, Death Row Records was under investigation by the FBI since 1993 for its strong ties to Compton’s Mob Piru Bloods gang.
Rampart, a film based on James Ellroy’s screenplay, has been developed at Light stream Pictures is slated to be released sometime in 2011.

Source

Suge Knight Involved In A Car Accident and Loses Teeth?/ Still Suing Kanye West

Posted: Wednesday – March 31, 2010

Suge Knight has missed another court date, but this time he has a reason.

According to published reports, Knight missed his scheduled court appearance for a lawsuit he filed against Kanye West in Miami, due to a car accident.

Suge’s lawyer Marc Brumer told the Miami New Times that Suge Knight’s accident was so severe that he actually lost his front teeth.

“He was in a pretty serious car accident,” Brumer said. “He lost a couple of teeth, he’s in pain, and he can’t speak.”

The former Death Row Records’ head honcho is suing Kanye West and The Shore Club over a 2005 shooting during an event West hosted at the South Beach hotspot.

“He’s a very adept businessman,” Brumer continued as he spoke about Suge. “He’s a mess, but he’s sharp. Nobody likes Kanye West anymore. Even though he’s still selling millions of records, everybody’s sick of him.”

The above stated lawsuit stems from an incident in which Suge was shot in the femur and had to undergo surgery. Knight is claiming that West is responsible for his medical bills and a $135,000 diamond earring that was allegedly stolen from him during the brawl.

Yeah right…Don’t be mad son, UPS is hiring.



Crooked-I Refutes Any Relationship To Death Row

Posted: Wednesday – September 2, 2009

Crooked I had refuted the notion that he is in any way signed to Death Row Records, an assertion made by the new CEO of the iconic label founded by Dr. Dre and Suge Knight.

A comment by Lara Lavi, CEO/President – Wideawake Deathrow LLC, seemed to suggest that Crooked I was still on the label.

“…Everybody on the roster, those deals expired in the nineties. The only two really are Crooked I and Danny Boy right now; they’re always really technically on the roster,” Lavi said in an interview published on Monday. “We’re negotiating with them right now to do a new contract signing because they both have current projects. Danny has an R&B album and a Gospel album and Crooked I has an amazing project with King Tech, supported by Sway.”

However, Crooked I denied any new relationship and stated that Lavi only mentioned Wideawake, not Death Row, in his dealings with her.

He did acknowledge the relationship between the two entities.

“I cut ties from Death Row Records in 2004 legally. All my contractual ties were cut. She’s [Laura Lavi] a nice lady,” Crooked I told AllHipHop.com. “As far as Death Row is concerned, that’s going backward in my career. No disrespect to her. She has the old music.”

Crooked I maintained that the endured an extensive and expensive legal process to get off of Death Row Records.

“I have no contract with Death Row. I went through 11 months of court [to get freed contractually],” he concluded.

Crooked I recently released an album with his group Slaughterhouse that has been met by critical acclaim from Hip-Hop fans.

Source: Allhiphop.com



© 2013 GUTTA WORLD MAGAZINE by GW Industries