Kanye West’s ‘Monster’ Video Banned By MTV

Kanye-West-Banned-78124

The music video for Kanye West’s single Monster has been banned by MTV. The television network made the decision to pull the video in response to an outcry over the way women are being portrayed in the footage.

At the forefront of the outrage are two activists Sharon Haywood and Melinda Tankard Reist, who created a petition asking MTV and Universal Music Group to stop promoting the video, and in the process managed to get over 1,600 signatures.

“The mainstreaming of videos like this increases desensitized and callous attitudes toward violence against women,” said Reist, one of the campaign’s originators. “Young people are seeing images and absorbing harmful messages which glamorize misogyny and brutalize women.”

Adding, “Women are reduced to sex-doll like playthings. So great is the level of desensitization that the barbaric treatment of women and girls is seen as normal and to be expected. We decided to run this campaign because we wanted to challenge the status quo.”

Their work isn’t completely done though, pointed out Reist, who said that they are determined to continue their campaign until Universal Music Group responds to the petition.

Monster collaborators Jay-Z, Rick Ross, and Nicki Minaj appear in the video alongside West.

Source

Suge Knight Drops Lawsuit Against Kanye West

Belvedere Ultra Lounge Day 4 At Club OPM

Marion “Suge” Knight has formally dropped his appeal in a lawsuit he filed against Kanye West stemming from a 2005 shooting at a pre-VMA party in Miami, FL.

The former CEO of Death Row Records blamed the Louis Vuitton Don because he was shot in the leg by an unknown individual. Knight holds the rapper and his partners responsible because the suspect was able to sneak a gun into the pre-VMA party past Kanye’s security.

It seems that Suge has finally decided to end the long time battle with Kanye. According to the Associated Press, Suge’s attorney filed the dismissal in February 2011 in a Miami federal court. The dismissal comes after Knight previously appealed the decision in December 2010 because the judge granted a summary judgment for West in November of that year. Suge initially sought millions of dollars in damages from the Watch The Throne artist in the lawsuit.

During the incident, Knight was shot in the upper right leg and his bone was shattered in the process. He claimed to have had months of physical therapy, suffered mental anguish and loss of income. Both parties have reportedly settled out of court and reached a confidential agreement. The case remains unsolved until this day.

Source

E-40 To Release New Double Album

E-40 Publicity Main

With millions of records sold, nationwide sold out shows, loved by the streets and respected amongst his peers, without a question E-40 continues to reign supreme.

Read more

R&B Singer Ne-Yo Is Father Of Baby Girl

neyo_bioedit

Singer Ne-Yo is the proud father of a baby girl, as the child’s mother Monyetta gave birth to the child late Friday night in Atlanta.

Read more

Jay-Z Signs Jay Electronica To Roc Nation

jayelectronica

Posted: Sunday – November 14, 2010

Jay-Z signed Jay Electronica to Roc Nation tonight at an exclusive music industry function tonight in New York City.

The signing ended years of speculation as to where Jay Electronica would call his recording home.

“We’re trying to reintroduce magic to Hip-Hop,” Jay-Z said from the stage at a club called The Bar.

The event was set as a magic with several oddities performing, including a man deemed “The Human Slinky” and magicians.

Jay Electronica performed for the crowd and the DJ later played his song with Jay-Z.

Source

Rihanna Reveals Details About Nicki Minaj Collaboration

rihanna

Posted: Tuesday – November 9, 2010

Recently, pop princess Rihanna sat down with MTV News to discuss her work with breakthrough female emcee Nicki Minaj, who’s much hyped-over debut album Pink Friday hits stores on November 23. According to Rihanna, the female-only collaboration occurred not once but twice — first on her 2009 album Rated R and again on her latest effort Loud, which also hits stores later this month.

“We did work together on music for [Loud] as well as [for] Rated R. It was the end of the album, but she was sending me these incredible songs,” Rihanna told MTV News of her work with Minaj.

“I wanted some up-tempo stuff from her that was kind of gangsta, but she sent me these ballads and they were beautiful and I couldn’t believe that it was a female MC writing these songs. She’s really talented and I want to work with her again.”

Currently, Minaj appears on Raining Men, a single that was recently leaked off Loud and features the self-proclaimed Black Barbie rapping in an adopted Caribbean accent. As for Rihanna’s work on Minaj’s Pink Friday, the Barbados-born beauty kept mum about the details.

“We also worked together on her album. I can’t say…actually, the reason I can’t tell you is because I don’t know the official title of the song. It might be Too Fly, I’m not sure if that’s the confirmed [title],” the pop star said. However, following the interview MTV confirmed that the track is simply called Fly.

Currently, Loud, which is scheduled for release on November 16, already has two popular singles to its name — Only Girl (In the World) and What’s My Name.

In a previous interview with MTV, Rihanna also confirmed that the new album will be much more upbeat than Rated R. “A lot has, I won’t say changed, but a lot has evolved since then,” she said. “A lot of growing up, a lot of responsibility in terms of taking control of my business and stuff like that.”

Source

© 2013 GUTTA WORLD MAGAZINE by GW Industries