C-Murder To Be Sentenced To 10 Years

Posted: Wednesday – May 27, 2009 @ 10:53 PM

Rapper C-Murder has pleaded no contest to attempted murder charges.

The rapper, whose real name is Corey Miller, plead out to two counts of attempted second-degree murder will be sentenced to 10 years in prison in a deal with the state at the recommendation of the prosecutor.

Miller will also receive credit for time served in jail since August 2001.

Miller’s trial began today and the 38-year-old rapper was accused of trying to shoot the owner of Club Raggs, a venue in Baton Rouge, and a bouncer at Plank Road nightclub in August 2001.

A no-contest plea is nearly the same as a guilty plea in criminal court, but does not mean an individual has admitted to guilt in a civil court case.

2009 Texas Urban Music Summit Honors Rap-A-Lot Records

Posted: Wednesday – May 27, 2009 @ 4:59 PM

Rap-A-Lot Records, the Texas-based record label, will receive high honors at this year’s Texas Urban Music Summit (Texas U.M.S.).

The summit, which is set to take place at the Sheraton Dallas Hotel on June 5-7 in Dallas, is an expansion of the Core DJs Retreat.

The three day event will comprise of tons of activities including an exclusive publishing panel presented by ASCAP, a DJ and industry expert panels and label listening suites.

Other activities include a swim party sponsored by Ultra Publishing, an industry fashion show featuring Lavish and Core Models, a Dallas/Ft. Worth showcase presented by Definition & Core DJs, AllHipHop.com’s Breeding Ground showcase and more.

For nearly two decades the honoree, Rap-A-Lot Records, has been a major player in bringing out some of the souths most talented and well-respected artists including UGK, Geto Boys, Scarface, UTP, and Yukmouth, among others.

“You can’t think about the south, Texas and celebrating our sound without thinking about Rap-A-Lot Records” says Aleshia Steele, Founder & CEO of the Texas U.M.S. “This label has broken so many barriers, and paved the way for Southern artists and the southern music movement as a whole. It is only right that we honor them for the contributions they have made.”

For information on the 2009 Texas Urban Music Summit log on to: http://www.texasums.com.

Chris Brown Breaks Silence On Rihanna Incident

Posted: Wednesday – May 27, 2009 @ 4:23 PM

For nearly three months, R&B singer Chris Brown has been keeping a very low profile, keeping public appearances and performances to a minimum.

On Tuesday night (May 26), Brown, who celebrated his 20th birthday earlier this month, made direct contact with his fans globally for the first time since he allegedly attacked then girlfriend Rihanna in early February.

During a bowling game, Brown revealed that he is currently working on a new album entitled Graffiti, and while he didn’t provide a release date for the project, he announced that the first single will be released this summer.

Brown went on to indirectly address the pre-Grammy altercation that has, for many, forever changed his public image.

“We ain’t going nowhere,” he stated. “Everybody that’s hating, they just been haters. All my real fans, I love y’all. I ain’t a monster.”

On Wednesday, rapper Bow Wow announced his support of Brown, who he says is like “his brother.”

Following a live phone call, prompted by view requests, Bow Wow made it clear that their friendship had not been affected by the recent events.

“That’s my best friend, I hold him down,” said the Atlanta-based former child star. “He good with me. F**k what a hater got to say. Ain’t nobody f**kin’ with that boy, man.”

Chris Brown is due in court on Thursday (May 28), where he will face one count of felony assault and one count of making criminal threats.

During his April 6 arraignment, Brown plead not guilty to both charges.

Source: Allhiphop.com

Attempted Murder Case Begins for C-Murder

Posted: Wednesday – May 27, 2009 @ 4:03 PM

Yesterday (May 26), court proceedings began for C-Murder (Corey Miller) on attempted second-degree murder charges.

Prosecutors allege the New Orleans rapper tried to kill a bouncer and the owner of a Baton Rouge nightclub in August 2001.

The constant delays in the case were due to the East Baton Rouge district attorney’s office.

Because of Miller’s upcoming, high-profile murder case in Jefferson Parish, East Baton Rouge prosecutors waited until the rapper’s appeal attempt was decided.

According to court documents, the near-fatal encounter occurred when Miller refused to be searched before entering Club Raggs.

After a brief argument, the rapper attempted to fire a semi-automatic pistol at the club owner and a bouncer.

The shooting was averted when the weapon unexpectedly jammed.

On August 3, Miller will begin a retrial on second-degree murder charges for the shooting death of 16-year old Steve Thomas at a Harvey club.

The former No Limit solider was granted a retrial from his 2003 conviction, after an appeal revealed prosecutors failed to disclose the criminal background of 3 eyewitnesses.

C-Murder’s posted $1 million bond requires him to remain under house arrest, with exceptions made for court appearances.

The second-degree attempted murder case is scheduled to end tomorrow (May 28).

Source: Allhiphop.com

Diddy Hits A Million Followers On Twitter; Mild Backlash Ensues

Posted: Wednesday – May 27,2009 @ 3:42 PM

Hip-Hop mogul Sean “Diddy” Combs can add another first to his list of accomplishments, as he has become the first rapper to have over a million followers on popular micro-blogging site, Twitter.

The mogul began a countdown last week, asking his hundreds of thousands of followers to re-tweet his messages in attempt to gain more followers to cross the 1 million mark.

Early this morning (May 27), the mogul sent out a message thanking his followers for helping place him in company with celebrities like Ashton Kutcher, Oprah Winfrey, Ryan Seacrest and even United States President Barack Obama.

And while Diddy has reached the milestone, he still trails behind celebrities like Shaquille O’Neal, Britney Spears, Jimmy Fallon and others.

The mogul’s accomplishment has not been without backlash. Almost immediately, Twitter users began a tag called #unfollowdiddy, which consists of users explaining why they should not follow the mogul.

The tag has quickly become a trending topic, although it doesn’t appear to be effecting Combs’ Twitter page, which continues to attract thousands of followers.

The negative tags and re-tweets may have gotten to Combs who wrote: “Life is short! Use your time wisely! Only a fool waste [sic] time on negativity! while your trying to tear me down I’m already onto my next dream!”

He also sent a link out to a YouTube link to a clip of a popular skit by Katt Williams addressing “haters.”

Combs recently released a free Bad Boy mixtape titled Welcome To Bad Boy: Hottest in the Hood.

He is currently working on material for his new solo album Last Train to Paris.

Joe Budden Vs. Method Man Heat Up

Posted: Wednesday – May 27, 2009 @ 3:38 PM

Lyrically, Joe Budden thinks that he’s Method Man’s superior and the notion has taken on new heights as the New Jersey rapper conducted an interview this morning.

“I will cut that dudes head off his shoulders,” Budden said on the Ed Lover Morning Show. Budden wasn’t talking physically, but his verbage spoke volumes about how he feels he ranks above his Wu Tank counterpart.

“Method Man’s not going to be able to survive [a lyrical battle],” Budden continued. “Its gonna be hard for him.”

Budden told Ed Lover and Free of Power 105.1 in New York that he had respect for Meth and didn’t want to see anything turn violent.

“That is not knock against Method Man, Wu Tang, Redman – since he wanted to jump in too. I mean, I can’t be from Jersey and not love Redman,” Budden said.

The whole matter started after Vibe.com listed their Top 50 rappers in a tourney-style event to determine the best artist. Budden questioned the credibility of the list and the inclusion of several acts.

Method Man responded quickly by calling into the radio station.

“My folks advised me to take the high road. I’m a smart n***a so I know off top this dude is trying to bait me,” Meth said. “He been on medication since he was in junior high school. The n***a is certified crazy.”

“Every week he picks somebody to mess with and I ain’t really heard nobody respond to this dude except other dudes that’s on that same level as him.”

Meth did admit that Joe Budden is a worthy battle rapper, but said he would not be backing down.

“As far as battle rapping, by all means, Joe Budden gets it in. He’s a battle rapper. I ain’t never been known for battle rapping,” Meth said. “But I tell you this, I meet any challenge from any challenger.”

“On a lighter, note son can’t mess with me.” Meth said. “Stop being a cry baby.”

Method Man offered two options.

He said he wanted to see do a song with Joe Budden and let the fans decided who is best. He also proposed that he and Budden meet “face to face.”

© 2013 GUTTA WORLD MAGAZINE by GW Industries